I am a tracker. Calendar keeper. To-do list maker. With all of the technology I have at my fingertips, you would think I would be the most organized person ever. Yet, as 2019 approached, I felt the most unorganized I’d ever been in my life. No matter what app, what alarm, what electronic system I tried to use, it wasn’t working. Then someone showed me their Passion Planner.
This page may contain affiliate links. Please read the Disclosure Policy for details.
This is not the datebook I used in the 1990s. The Passion Planner is much more than just a paper calendar. It allows me to focus my schedule, tackle my to do list and most importantly, reflect on everything accomplished during the week. Some weeks looks as if I was attacked by a preschooler with all the color splashed on the pages. Other times, simple focus on a few areas of life shows I had it together (or ignored everything and binged on Victoria or Game of Thrones – I’d still consider it a successful week).
When I first bought mine this past year, I only had the option to purchase one size, which was medium. With the upcoming Academic Planner due to arrive this July, they listened to their customers and brought back all three sizes:
- Small (5.8″ x 8.3″) Perfect for the person on the go or the smaller purse
- Medium (6.9″ x 9.8″) Not too big, not too small (just right for some!)
- Large (8.3 x 11.7) Have a lot going on, this might be the perfect fit!
What I love most about the Passion Planner:
- Month View & Week View
- In the Month View – little area of “Not To-Do List”. I love the reminder I give myself on what NOT to focus on!
- Week View has Sunday or Monday week start (I’m a Sunday gal)
Weeklyview has a Quote – that always seems to highlight what I need to hear that week. Well played, Passion Planner. Weeklyview has an area for “Good things that happened” (I love filling out the highlight of the week!)
- Free Space each week for whatever I need. doodle? deadline? event highlight? I have the space for it without worry!
- Blanks pages at the back of the planner – the ideas for using them are endless! With an upcoming vacation next week I plan to journal
a bit ofour adventures!
- Monthly Reflection. This is honestly the best part of the Passion Planner. We are SO busy, we forget what awesome events filled our days. You owe it to yourself to remember the good (and not so good) and realize that you made it another month and will be ready for the next.
Since I have three boys and our lives revolve around the school district calendar, I am really looking forward to my Academic Passion Planner for 2019-2020. This time, I am upgrading size-wise to the Large. Part of me has to adjust a few things (like the size of my purse) but with the anticipation of three boys in school (one a senior year), work projects and personal projects – I think I am really going to enjoy the extra space!
My next Passion Planner will start in August 2019 (which is great since that is when all the back to school stuff starts to happen!) and will wrap up shortly after school ends in July of 2020. My plan? To sit down early July, map out anything and everything I can for the school year and start it off on the right path! Now is the chance to get yours – and they are still selling the 2019 Passion Planners (January – December) or treat yourself to an undated version. And don’t forget the pens!