Blogging can be a handful of things. Fun pastime. Side hustle. Adventure documentation. An unexpected side effect of blogging
The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award given to bloggers by bloggers. It’s a way to recognize peers for success in blogging and having good information to share with others! Thank you
Part of this Sunshine Award is for other bloggers (and readers!) to get to know each other a bit more. So…without further ado…the eleven question & answers about me!
WHERE ARE YOU FROM?
Born and raised in Illinois – and I still live in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. I’m old enough where my first area code was actually 312 (and didn’t need to use the area code) and finally with the area code 847. Oh, and I still have a landline.
DO YOU WORK ANYWHERE BESIDES YOUR BLOGGING BUSINESS?
Yes! I am a full-time nurse practitioner at my local hospital. When I am not blogging on Irish Monarchy, I am blogging on Nursing Decoded with a group of RNs and NPs looking to help everyone decode, interpret, and navigate our healthcare world through the viewpoint of nursing!
DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE TRAVEL DESTINATION?
This one is easy – Ireland. My grandfather’s family immigrated in the early
WHAT DO YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT BLOGGING?
Love being able capture a travel adventure, an experiment with cooking (something I really don’t do often) and anything else that makes up the everyday adventures!
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN BLOGGING?
I created this site in April of 2017. Since I don’t have too much free time on my hands with three boys, school, activities, work and more – I don’t post as much as I would like to!
FAVORITE TOPIC TO BLOG ABOUT?
This is a really hard question to answer – that’s why Irish Monarchy has three parts to it – so I can write about my kids, healthcare and traveling memories!
FAVORITE TYPE OF ICE CREAM?
Chocolate chip. Nice and simple.
WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE AVENGER?
Captain America. Thor. Hulk. Hawkeye. Iron Man. Black Widow. So, all of them.
FAVORITE ACTIVITY TO DO IN YOUR FREE TIME?
I do not have free time. If I do I usually panic because that means I forgot to do something! If I find out I have nothing to do, I read. Absolutely LOVE reading and there isn’t enough time in the world for all the great books!
DO YOU HAVE ANY KIDS/GRANDKIDS?
I have three amazing and energetic boys! I remember being at the grocery store at the deli counter when they were 9mo, 4yo, and 6yo and a lady walked up to me and stated there is a place in heaven for moms of three boys. I really hope that place has martinis, chocolate
WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE DOING FIVE YEARS FROM NOW?
I am in the midst of the high school years for my boys, so I cannot wait to see how their college years turn out (and the youngest boy will be wrapping up his high school career.)
Sunshine Award Rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in your blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger that nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers and write them 11 new questions.
- List these rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post.
My eleven question for them are:
- Where do you live?
- Aside from blogging, do you have another career you juggle?
- What is your favorite vacation destination?
- What do you like most about blogging?
- How long have you been blogging?
- Which do you prefer – TV series or Motion Picture Movie?
- What is your favorite book – and do you prefer paper or digital books?
- If you could have one superhero power, what would it be?
- Who is your favorite musical artist – and do you prefer digital or vinyl albums?
- Do you have a pet, and if not, any pet you’d love to rescue?
- What would you like to be doing five years from now?
One thought on “Sunshine Award”
Great to know more about you! Juggling between family, work and blogging can be challenging.